Individual, Marriage & Family Therapy
What Can I Expect in Counseling?
No matter which counselor you choose to see, you will begin simply by explaining your special circumstances and asking any questions that you may have about therapy. You will get a feel for who your counselor is and how your counselor can best serve you. Together we can determine how your counselor can help guide you to the next step on your journey toward wellness. Your first session typically lasts around an hour. Subsequent therapy sessions will last 53-57 minutes and will be custom tailored to your situation and your needs. Often times double-length sessions can be worked in to your plan if there is a need for it and if there is time allotted for it. Your care is the highest importance to us and we will do what it takes to make sure you are receiving the care you need.
For what reasons do people seek counseling?
Life is difficult and at times we all need help to heal and progress forward. While each situation is unique, the following are some of the reasons that individuals and families choose to visit us:
- Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD), including combat‐related PTSD
- Gender, Sexuality, and Identity
- Sexual Trauma
- Spirituality and Spiritual Direction
- Grief & Loss
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- LGBTQ Issues and Support
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Counseling and Assessment
Spouses & Families:
- Repairing & Restoring Marriages
- Divorce Recovery
- Family Preservation
- Adoption Support
- Child/Parent Relationships
- Parent Coaching
- Stage of Life Transitions (e.g. Birth of a Child; Empty Nest)