Come join us at Northwest Counsel!
Northwest Counsel is always on the lookout for a new therapist to join our team! If you feel like you’d be a good fit here please send us your resume and a personalized cover letter that tells us a bit about yourself beyond a summary of your resume.
It is the mission of Northwest Counsel to provide access to high-quality therapy for underserved populations while also providing excellent training and supervision for counseling graduate students. We strive to be the leader in alternatives to the large community mental health agencies in Tacoma and Puyallup.
There is currently one internship spot available for a counseling psychology student.
- Interns will be trained in multiple psychotherapeutic orientations including Relational, Psychodynamic, Existential, Humanistic, Object Relations, and Cognitive Behavioral
- Clients will be of all ages and gender
- Interns will receive weekly clinical supervision (1 hour of supervision for every 10 client hours) and additional weekly group consults and trainings in differing methodologies and clinical processes
- Interns will see approximately 6-10 clients/week over a nine-month commitment
- Interns will have the option of bringing their clients into their own practice at the end of the year, should they decide to build their own business. There is no guarantee of employment at Northwest Counsel upon completion of the internship program.
- Convenient Puyallup location with on-site supervision
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-446-7176 for an Internship Application
You must meet the following in order to be considered:
- Fully licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) or marriage and family therapist (LMFT) OR an associate-level mental health counselor (LMHCA) or associate-level marriage and family therapist (LMFTA)
- A strong work ethic with also a strong sense of self and flexibility in working with different types of people and cultures
- Two years post-grad experience in the field is preferred
- Preferred experience working with multiple diagnoses from the DSM-V including, but not limited to:
- post-traumatic stress
- sexual disorders
- relationship issues (divorce, recovery, etc.)
- bipolar disorder
- ability to identify Axis II disorders
Please send a full curriculum vitae and a cover letter to email@example.com for consideration!